Aside from viruses, spywares, malwares and other computer infections which slows down your computer or worse renders it inoperable, unwanted dirt is a common problem. Just like yourself or your home, a cleaning process must be done to make yourself healthy, effective & productive while your house tidy & livable.
Remember the old proverbs which has been proven all the ages and which worked time and again:
1. Cleanliness is next to Godliness.
2. A clean house is a happy house.
3. A clean ship is a happy ship.
Constant usage, program installation, internet browsing, file downloading and various day to day computer activities all bog up and slow down your workstation. When your computer is slow, all you wish for is the day it was first bought, when it was fast and efficient. Learning from the past and applying simple cleaning tasks will restore you computer speed and boost its performance. Once again!
On the taskbar, press Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Cleanup.
Make sure that a check is placed in:
1. Downloaded Program Files
2. Temporary Internet Files
|Disk Cleanup original checks top.|
|Disk Cleanup original checks bottom checklist.|
Be careful of putting a check to the COMPRESS OLD FILES. This has caused my computer to crash that I had to reinstall Windows.
More Options tab:
- press Cleanup
- put a check on the programs you don't really often use in order to remove them
- recommended for removal and uninstallation:
-- MSN Explorer
-- Outlook Express
-- Windows Media Player
-- Windows Messenger
- press Cleanup
- uninstall programs that you don't need and don't use (these files eat your space and slows down computer)
Recommended Maintenance Programs: (Free, Proven & Effective)
1. Panda Cloud Antivirus - Protect your computer.
2. WinUtilities - Perform a One-Click Maintenance on your PC.
3. Wise Registry Cleaner - Clean registry to improve performance.
4. Wise Care 365 - Optimize your Windows system.
5. UltraDefrag - Defragment your hard disks.